The European Research Council (ERC) Advanced Grant “DyCon – DynamicControl”, coordinated by Enrique Zuazua, aims to develop a multifold research agenda in the broad area of Control of Partial Differential Equations (PDE) and their numerical approximation methods to contribute with new key theoretical methods and results and computational software.
This project identifies six key topics:
- Control of parameter dependent problems
- Long finite time horizon control
- Control under constraints
- Inverse design of time-irreversible models
- Memory models and hybrid PDE/ODE models
- The links between finite and infinite-dimensional dynamical systems and gathering all contributions develops a Computational Software platform
The European Research Council (ERC) Advanced Grant “DYCON – Dynamic Control”, coordinated by Enrique Zuazua, aims to develop a multifold research agenda in the broad area of Control of Partial Differential Equations (PDE) and their numerical approximation methods to contribute with new key theoretical methods and results, and to develop the corresponding computational software.
The chosen postdoc researcher will carry out mathematical and/or computational research on some of the main scientific priorities of DYCON in a multidisciplinary and international environment with excellent facilities. The duration of the contract is of 12 months, with a possible extension to one or two more years.
Mathematics – Computational mathematics – Control theory – Scientific Computing
Starting date is February, 2019 or earlier, if possible. The annual gross salary will be 29.500,00 € and local tax regulations will be applied on this amount. The contract includes Spanish Social Security and healthcare public plans.
- Required Education Level:
- Mathematics: PhD or equivalent.
- Computer Science: Bachelor Degree or equivalent.
- PhD Thesis in Mathematics, Physics, Informatics, Engineering or closely related areas, with emphasis on Partial Differential Equations, Control theory, Numerical Analysis and/or Scientific Computing
- Able to work in a highly motivated environment
- Strong team working & communication skills
- Good written English skills
- Driven, independent personality
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
Applicants should directly write to the Principal Investigator (PI) of DyCon, Professor Enrique Zuazua, through the email address email@example.com, including the following documents in PDF format:
UAM-Madrid reserves the right for justified reasons to leave the position vacant, to extend the application period and to consider candidates who have not submitted applications during the application period.