The Department of Mathematics of Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg is looking for a Foreign language and team assistant (E9).
In the autumn of 2019 an Alexander-von-Humboldt-professorship for Applied Analysis will be established. The foreign language and team assistant’s task is to help in setting up the internationally oriented chair of Prof. Dr. Enrique Zuazua in the initial phase and to oversee the upcoming international co-operations of the chair. The language used at the chair will be English; co-operations with French, Spanish and Latin-American institutes are planned.
The field of activity comprises among others:
- Administration of third-party funds (especially ERC, AvH) via University software as well as in consultation with Department F (Ref. F) of the University and the sponsors of the third-party funds.
- Telephonic and written correspondence in German and English is required; correspondence in French and/or Spanish is appreciated.
- Autonomous support for expert conferences of the chair.
- Autonomous support of international guests and students.
- Organizational support of the chair’s international scientific co-workers.
- Preparation of staff employment and administration of the budget for the personnel.
- Supporting of the chair’s web site (WordPress).
- Planning and crediting of word wide business trips.
- General tasks concerning support in scientific activities in day-to-day business as well as the organization of a chair with international orientation.
- Fluency in German and English. Knowledge of the French and/or Spanish language is desirable.
- High communicative abilities and cross-cultural competence.
- Great power of comprehension, self-reliance and organizational skills.
- Very good knowledge of current Windows Office applications.
- Experience in the administration of third-party funds and with travel expense reports.
- Experience in event management.
- Experience in administrative activities at a university, especially in the administration of third-party funds, accounting, and employment of personnel, official journeys and caring web sites.
- Reliability and thoroughness.
We are offering a varied range of responsibilities in a respectful atmosphere within the public service sector and are looking forward to receiving your application.
The position is offered as a permanent employment with 20 hours weekly. Additional 20 hours weekly are offered simultaneously as a fixed-term employment until 31st August 2024. It is assumed that the fixed term part of the employment is extended in due time. In case you already have a permanent employment with FAU a delegation is possible. For further information please don’t hesitate to contact Dr. Johannes Hild via telephone (+499131/85-67063) or E-Mail.
Please submit your application including covering letter, CV as well as school leaving certificates, certificates of apprenticeship / vocational training reports and job references via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please write the covering letter as well as your CV in English!
Address your covering letter to
Dr. Johannes Hild
Geschäftsstelle Department Mathematik
FAU is a member of “The Family in Higher Education Institutions” best practice club and also aims to increase the number of women in scientific positions. Female candidates are therefore particularly encouraged to apply. In case of equal qualifications, candidates with disabilities will take precedence. If requested, the equal opportunity representative can attend the job interview.
Salary scale: German standard wage Tarifvertrag der Länder Entgeltgruppe E9
Full-time position (in parts temporary, see above)
Intended starting date of employment: 01.09.2019
Closing date for applications ends on: 09.06.2019