DyCon project identifies and focuses on six key topics that play a central role in most of the processes arising in applications, but which are still poorly understood:
- Control of parameter dependent problems
- Long time horizon control
- Control under constraints
- Inverse design of time-irreversible models
- Memory and hybrid PDE/ODE models
- Finite versus infinite-dimensional dynamical systems
These topics cannot be handled by superposing the state of the art in the various disciplines, due to the unexpected interactive phenomena that may emerge, for instance, in the fine numerical approximation of control problems. The coordinated and focused effort that we aim at developing is timely and much needed in order to solve these issues and bridge the gap from modeling to control, computer simulations and applications. This last objective leads to an additional work package centered in building up new computational software, the DyCon computational platform, thereby bridging the gap to applications.