Thibault Liard holds a Postdoctoral Researcher position at the ERC Advanced Grant project DyCon under the supervision of Prof. Enrique Zuazua (UAM and Deusto Foundation, University of Deusto). He earned his PhD in observation and control for some conservative systems under the supervision of Alain Haraux and Yannick Privat. His previous Postdoctoral positions were focused on the study of strongly coupled PDE/ODE systems where the PDE consists of a system of conservation laws and the ODE represents the trajectory of particles. Therefore, his main research interests are control theory, calculus of variations, hybrid PDE/ODE, scalar conservation laws with constraints and Wave-front tracking methods.
My PhD work focused on the internal controllability and its cost for some linear partial differential equations. I did two post-doc (under the supervision of Benedetto Piccoli and Maria Laura Delle Monache) tackling a hybrid PDE-ODE modelling the impact of autonomous vehicles on vehicular traffic (controllability and monitoring).
- Post doctoral researcher in Applied Mathematics(2017-2019) INRIA-Grenoble
- Post doctoral researcher in Applied Mathematics(2017) Rutgers-Camden University
- PhD student in Applied Mathematics (2013–2016) UMPC, Laboratoire Jacques-Louis Li- ons, Paris
- Master degree in Applied Mathematics (2010-2013) École Normale Supérieure (antenne de Bretagne), Bruz
- Bachelor’s Degree (2012-2013) University of Rennes